[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.8.4 - clicking sound every second

Hello,

I have tried rhythmbox 0.8.4 with both gstreamer and xine playback
enabled and I always hear a clicking sound every second or so. Playback
with other players such as mplayer, muine or totem is fine and I do not
hear any clicking sound. It has been the same problem with prior
versions of rhythmbox as well. The problem is really annoying when you
listen to classical music.

Here my configuration:

Kernel 2.6.3-7mdk with ALSA 1.0.2
rhythmbox-0.8.4-1mdk
libgstreamer0.8-0.8.3-2mdk

I am using this configuration on an IBM ThinkPad R40 2722-DG1.

Could the threading of rhythmbox be the problem or is it something else?
Does anyone have experienced the same problem? Does anyone has a
ThinkPad as well and can try it out?

Thanks in advance!

- Felix -