Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iPod hfs+ user

Jakub Steiner wrote:
Hi folks,
I'm totally keen on seeing iPod support in Rhythmbox. Rock! I'm asking
for a hint why would it only show up for root even though I have it
mounted user writable? I am using gst & rhythmbox HEAD and my iPod is
using the HFS+ filesystem.

cheers

I've found it best to use a windows box to convert the ipod into fat32, this will save you some trouble in the long run. The ipod will still work find on a mac even if you convert it to fat32.

How are you mounting your ipod? Can you paste in the relevant parts of your /etc/stab?

Also, you should consider using the project utopia stack, it will automount your ipod in userspace rather easily and makes using it with rhythmbox much easier than doing things by hand.

-jorge