Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] xine metadata, and iPod HAL support

On dim, 2004-07-04 at 17:03 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> I had to mostly revert patch-82; it made Rhythmbox segfault more or less
> immediately on startup.

This worked for me at least, dunno what went wrong for you :-/

> That will not work.  GtkTreeModelFilter is a wrapper around another tree
> model; you can't just turn the parent class of RBSourceListModel (which
> was GtkListStore) into GtkTreeModelFilter.

Well, I thought I had made all the necessary changes to rb-sourcelist.c
and rb-sourcelist-model.c so that it worked properly, obviously it
wasn't enough since you were getting segfaults ;)

> Sometimes you want the code to operate on hidden sources, sometimes you don't.

It's easy to access to the GtkTreeModel wrapped by GtkTreeModelFilter so
even if RBSourceListModel derives from GtkTreeModelFilter, it's easy for
RbSourceList to choose whether to operate on hidden sources or not
(RBSourceList private data actually stored both the GtkTreeModelFilter
and the GtkListStore).

Anyway, there isn't much point discussing that anymore since you've made
the necessary changes to get some code that works for you and that you
feel is cleaner ;) I'd still be interested in knowing exactly why it did
crash for you :)

Sorry for the extra work you had to do to get that change to work,

Christophe