Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] a bug report and some feature requests

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

> Problem with 0.6.5 on slackware with gstreamer 0.6.4:
> Mp4 through faad doesn't work (support is compiled in). I tried to load and
> play an .aac mp4 audio file and I get the error "couldn't parse playlist".

GStreamer 0.6 doesn't support AAC.

> Feature requests:
> 1. Is support for playing-back normal wave files going to be added?

It's supposed to work when GStreamer 0.8 comes out. Mod files should then
work, too.

> 3. Any plans to add a small picture of the CD cover like Muine and also a
> small view loading some XMMS visualisation plugins?

XMMS visualization plugins are binary and source incompatible with both
GStreamer and Rhythmbox, because they require glib/gtk 1.2.
The proper solution is to add/port them to GStreamer anyway but none has
done so yet.

Benjamin