Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Syncing the RhythmDB on every update

Yeah, it would also be a nice option if the frontend could be completely
abstracted to allow to build against Qt or Win32 frontends.
Another nice option would be a complete abstraction of the UI so I could have
a UI like Winamp for example (implemented by the given frontend of course).

What else could be abstracted, lemme think...
Ah yes, the RPC mechanism could be abstracted to allow not only Bonobo, but D-
BUS, COM or whatever is necessary to support AppleScript on OS X.
We certainly could abstract the playback behaviour more, too. Starting with
the shuffle algorithms, going via fadeout/fadein to stuff like equalizers. And
eevrything should certainly work on all media backends, be it GStreamer, Xine,
arts, Quicktime, DirectX or a Winamp wrapper.

Benjamin