Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Ratings feedback

I'm joining the ratings discussion late, but I'm the author of the
ratings code, so I'm in a good position to fix any problems.

I noticed that Colin suggested starting at 2.5 for imported songs.  This
would be better than our current 3.0 because it's more centered and the
user wouldn't notice anyway (the third star is for the range (2, 3]).

Also, the suggestion to not auto-rate user-rated songs is good.  I'll
add a rhythmdb property and also expose it in the UI when the user views
the song properties as a checkbox?

Derrick:  You mentioned a desire to turn off auto-rating.  You can do so
by editing the gconf key /apps/rhythmbox/auto_rate.

-mt

This is a digitally signed message part