[Rhythmbox-devel] Re; Ratings feedback

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 17:10, Derrick Ashby wrote:
> In rhythmbox 0.7.0. there's a new feature called "Adaptive ratings". I'm=20
> finding it really annoying.  Problem no 1 is that newly added tracks seem=
 to=20
> get a default rating of three, and that's too high.

Colin Walters:
"You would prefer 2 instead?  In theory it should be 2.5 of course, but
partial stars seem to be a bit much.  I think a default of 3 makes more
sense in general on the theory that if you're loading a song into your
library, you will often like it than not."

I think the point is that this should be a thing that the user decides for
themselves.  You prefer 3 because you only rip songs you really like.  I rip
every CD I buy, and I download tracks also: For me 0 is not rated, 1 means I
don't like it, 2 means it's OK, 3 means Good, 4 V. Good, 5 Excellent.
Starting at 3 is a waste of 2 stars.  I'd like to be able to turn Adaptive
Rating off altogether.

Derrick Ashby