Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UI ideas

Paul Hendrick wrote:
> hi there,
> i've done a couple of mockups for ideas on changes in the rb ui.
> you can see them here:
> http://www.student.livjm.ac.uk/cmsphend/gnome/rhythmbox.html

I like the sidebar changes--there's definitely lot of wasted space there
if you don't make heavy use of the playlists.  What I don't particularly
like is the "options" menu at the bottom.  We've already got
shuffle/repeat in the Control menu, and I think we need to keep the
toggle buttons in the main view.  And where's the search box?  I think
the Show Browser/Search toolbar's also one to keep.  So basically it's
just the sidebar changes I like. :)

Would the album cover then appear over where it says "Drag your artwork
here"?  I think that is a much better spot for the artwork than next to
the title, and eliminates the ui resizing problem--an excellent idea.
It would also be big enough to discern the picture a bit better!

I'm not sure what I think about the visualization window, though.  Are
there currently plans to integrate visualization plugins into RB?
Personally I couldn't care less about visualization--I've always thought
it rather pointless waste of CPU cycles, but I know some people like it.
    As long as it's easy enough to turn off, that would be fine.

Ryan