[Rhythmbox-devel] Automatic removal of songs from database

It seems that the default behavior of Rhythmbox is to silently remove
any files it cannot find from the database. I can see why this behavior
would have been implemented, but there is a problem.

I have all my music on NFS filesystems. For some reason or another, the
music share didn't get mounted. Now completely unaware of this, I fired
up Rhythmbox, which immidiately proceeded to completely empty out the
database without asking a thing.

At the very least, I believe there should be a confirmation dialog,
especially when several thousand entries are being removed in one go.
Why not have a "Clean Database" menu command that would walk through the
database and remove files that were unavailable?

Running Rhythmbox 0.8.8 on a Gentoo AMD64 box...

-Juha "Demosh" Sorensen