Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Installing rhythmbox 6.8 on JDS

Op di 31-08-2004, om 12:01 schreef Christophe Fergeau:
> Is your xine/gstreamer/whatever able to playback mp3s ? (I didn't follow
> this thread really closely, sorry if you already answereed that
> question).
>
> Christophe
>
> Le mardi 31 aoÃt 2004 Ã 11:57 +0200, Patrick Marquetecken a Ãcrit :
> > Op di 31-08-2004, om 11:20 schreef Matthias Saou:
> > > Patrick Marquetecken wrote :
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Although the pkgconfig libid3tag and libmad files are used by some projects
> > > (I think gstreamer does too), they are not included in the upstream
> > > tarballs, but currently only by packagers in rpm (and probably deb)
> > > packages. As a quick hack you can just create a
> > > /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libid3tag.pc file with this :
> > >
> > > -- cut here --
> > > prefix=/usr
> > > exec_prefix=/usr
> > > libdir=/usr/lib
> > > includedir=/usr/include
> > >
> > > Name: id3tag
> > > Requires:
> > > Version: 0.15.1b
> > > Libs: -L/usr/lib -lid3tag -lz
> > > Cflags: -I/usr/include
> > > -- cut here --
> > >
> > > Of course, assuming your installed libid3tag is in /usr, otherwise replace
> > > with the appropriate prefix. Still, I'd recommend trying to use some clean
> > > packages made for your distribution ;-)
> > >
> > > Matthias
> > >
> > I have followd your directions, and there is no warning in my config
> > build.
> > I did now a make and make install, Rhythmbox starts up fine when i
> > choose import folder i see the progressbar moving for quite a while, but
> > after some time it stops but still no music files in my browser window
> > :-(
> >
> > So close and it still don't work
> >
> > TIA
> > Patrick

Yes, it does, but wy does the mp3's does not show up in rhythmbox ?

--
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
 -- Captain Spock in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
ICQ# 316932703
Registered Linux User #44550
http://counter.li.org