Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [ques] convert itunes.xml to rhythmdb.xml?

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 22:55 -0400, Mike Schroeder wrote:
> is there a way to convert my existing itunes library (library.xml) to
> something that rhythmbox can understand so all my ratings, play
> counts, etc will stay intact?

I don't know of any way of doing this. A while ago, I took a stab at it
using xml stylesheets (xslt). I gave up when I realized it looked like I
needed to write something to convert iTunes's long format modification
times into the normal unix timestamp format used by rhythmbox. Right
now, I just write out an mtime of 0. When rhythmbox starts, it tries to
reload every file in the database and quickly crashes. I'm assuming this
is a bug in rhythmbox and not in my output, but, even if this is the
case, I think the reloading causes the rating information to be lost,
which is the whole point of the exercise.

So, if someone were to figure out how to write the modification time
converter (either using xslt or maybe a quick C program using libxml), I
think my stylesheet may do the trick. You need a program such as
xsltproc to do the actual conversion. I've attached what I have so far
in case anyone might find it useful.

file:/// win windata Couldn't convert location "": Unrecognized drive <xsl:value-of select="following-sibling::*[1]"/> 0 1

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]