Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] use automake-1.8 if available

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 18:42 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 18:26, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Heya,
> >
> > I'd like to be able to compile RB with automake 1.8, so here's a patch.
> > It seems it doesn't work completely just, but as I don't have a 1.7
> > available, it should still try and use 1.8...
>
> We still use xmldocs.mak and something else that both use mkinstalldirs,
> which isn't installed by default with automake-1.8. So the build will
> break, and we can't use this now (which is why I commented it out in
> autogen.sh).  A patch to fix those problems would be appreciated :)

Hence the patch which prefers automake-1.7 if it's installed, and falls
back on automake-1.8. If developers with automake-1.8 can't see the
bugs, what's the point? :)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
The office is like an army, and I'm the field general. You're my
footsoldiers and customer quality is the WAR !!!