Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iradio stations....

Quoting Luca Ferretti <elle.uca@libero.it>:

> On lun, 2003-09-15 at 11:26 -0500, Douglas McMorris wrote:
> > hey everybody (in tone of bad simpsons doctor)
> >
> > I was looking around on the gnome forums and came across this:
> > http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3986
> >
> > Which gave the me an idea... would it be ok to start a topic and have
> > people list their favorite iradio stations then we could get them into
> > the next rb version???
> >

> A big iRadio list is a really good idea.
>
> What about add a "Download more internet radio" step in first time
> assistant?? And a menu entry somewere?

Yeah, I personally think the ability to sync the iradio list periodically
with shoutcast and live365 would be really nice.  Streamtuner does this
already... when i get sometime I may play with the streamtuner code and see
how usable this would be for us...  Iradio is updated from shoutcast and
live365 when the user first runs rb, then the stations are cached... user
added stations could be kept in a separate file and then shoutcast and
live365 stations could be updated automatically somehow or perhaps by a menu
option as well.  This would be a temporary solution, ones the backend
rewrite is done it would be nicer to do an itunes like interface where it
updates on accessing the catagorie... cacheing could be the fallback in this
case.