Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Some suggestions

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 21:00, James Walker wrote:

> This is an outstanding feature request! I've recently become de facto DJ
> when my wife and I entertain and would love to see this feature (and to
> contribute my new-to-gnome-programming skillz to make it happen).

Yeah, it's just not as easy as it could be with the current database.
I'm giving myself about another week to try to get something going with
the new database.  After that's done playlists should be easier.

In the meantime though, if you want to do rb hacking it would probably
be worthwhile to familiarize yourself with the current code, read
HACKING and INTERNALS (which is slightly out of date), etc.

> Speaking of playlists... I presume the fact that playlist items seem to
> be un-orderable in 0.5.3 is a known part of playlist brokenness?

Yeah.