Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Some suggestions

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 20:46, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 19:28, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:
> >  1) It would be nice to be able to queue up songs without
> >     having to build a play-list.  Drag songs into the queue
> >     where they wait their turn.  Once played they simply fall
> >     off the queue.  Great for parties where everyone is a DJ.
> >     Perhaps the vertical "Source" area could be tabbed with
> >     "Queue" area in another tab.
>
> This is what playlists *should* be.  We just have to unbreak them.  This
> will happen right after the database reworking.

This is an outstanding feature request! I've recently become de facto DJ
when my wife and I entertain and would love to see this feature (and to
contribute my new-to-gnome-programming skillz to make it happen).

Speaking of playlists... I presume the fact that playlist items seem to
be un-orderable in 0.5.3 is a known part of playlist brokenness?

Keep up the great work!