Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox arch tree

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 05:19, Colin Walters wrote:
> I've been working on a new (more scalable/optimized) backend for the
> last week or so, and it's been growing in steadily in
> rhythmbox/rhythmdb/.  It's really at the point now where I need to start
> touching other code to use it so I can test it.
>
> This will end up modifying a lot of code, so I really need to have a
> branch, since we need to make stable releases while the rhythmdb work is
> ongoing.  However CVS absolutely, absolutely sucks at branching.  And
> I've been excited about the "arch" revision control system lately.  I
> think it is quite frankly the future of free software revision control.
> Still a bit rough around the edges, but getting better and better every
> day.
<snip>

I'll just note that the ChangeLog format of arch is atrocious. I mean,
even BitKeeper changes entries are more readable.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like
underpants in a tumble dryer.