Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 21:34, William Jon McCann wrote:
[...]
> What will be the preferred way to get the player status?  If a boolean
> state is all that is useful then I supposed stopped means: a NULL
> getPlayingPath() or a non-positive getPlayingTime()?  Are there other
> states worth knowing, like loading?

Maybe a real convenience function for this would be better. Relying on a
non-positive getPlayingTime() or a NULL getPlayingPath() doesn't seem
aesthetically correct :)

A getPlayerStatus() method looks like a better idea. States would be

> Should there be a way to know whether a song or radio stream is playing?

This sounds sensible. I've put it on my todo list.

>   The UI seems to use a stop button for a radio stream and a pause
> button for a song.  Should something like an applet also follow this
> approach?

>From what I understood from rb behaviour (I didn't look at the code),
the stop button appears when the current visible source is not the
current playing source.

Cheers,

Rached