Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

Rached Ben Mustapha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So here is the patch I promised more than two weeks ago :)
>
> This is just the trivial player stuff, discussion's welcome about more
> advanced playlist/library handling, as Bastien started. But maybe this
> can wait for rhythmdb.
>
> I've added to Rhythmbox.idl :
>
> +
> +		void playPause ();
> +		void next ();
> +		void previous ();
> +		void stop ();
> +
> +		boolean getShuffle ();
> +		void setShuffle (in boolean shuffle);
>
> +		boolean getRepeat ();
> +		void setRepeat (in boolean repeat);
> +
> +		boolean getVisibility ();
> +		void setVisibility (in boolean visible);
> +
> +
> +		long getPlayingSongDuration ();
> +		long getPlayingTime ();
> +		void setPlayingTime (in long seconds);

Hi,

This looks good and will make a lot of fun things possible.

What will be the preferred way to get the player status?  If a boolean
state is all that is useful then I supposed stopped means: a NULL
getPlayingPath() or a non-positive getPlayingTime()?  Are there other
states worth knowing, like loading?

Should there be a way to know whether a song or radio stream is playing?
  The UI seems to use a stop button for a radio stream and a pause
button for a song.  Should something like an applet also follow this
approach?

Cheers,
Jon