Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] thoughts on 0.5.2

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:33:57 -0700
"Zack Weinberg" <zack@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> writes:
> > "never play this track again" => delete from library, you can always
> > re-add it later if you change your mind
>
> The trouble is finding it again in a 2000-track pile.
>
> Maybe this should be handled through the rating system - shuffle play
> ignores anything with a rating of 0, perhaps.

I think this would be better implemented as an ability to change the
library view to display songs with rating >= X,

For instance, if I wanted to listen to all my favorite songs, or make an
off-the-cuff, personalized  "Best of Metallica" list, where it only displays songs by
Metallica which I have rated 4 or above.

> > What would a UI for this look like?  Currently it does have
> > hardcoded priorities for the different sort columns.
>
> Good question.  The first thing that comes to mind is, you choose to
> sort on a particular column by clicking on its header, so why not have
> shift-click on another column mean 'and then sort by this one too'?
>
> There might be something better, but this strikes me as workable and
> discoverable, particularly if columns can be reordered.

This sounds like an issue to take up with the HIG guys.

-- Ted

PGP signature