Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [HALF-OT] Wonderful world of theming

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 04:19, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 05:50, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > Couldn't Rhythmbox simply use the stock icons (defined in gnome-media
> > iirc) for these?
>
> I'd like to, but as was discussed earlier, then we'd be depending on the
> gnome-icon-theme CVS, which I don't want to do yet.  If someone can come
> up with a good way to detect at compile time whether or not these icons
> are available, that'd be great.
>
> One thing I plan to do soonish though is create a special branch where
> we depend on cutting-edge GNOME, and start doing things like converting
> to GtkFileChooser, use the new icon theme fully, make sure we build with
> -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, etc.

I must be missing something here, because I have gnome-icon-theme 1.0.9
installed, and I have stock icons for the media stuff, installed in:
/usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24/stock/media
with names like:
stock_media-next.png, stock_media-pause.png, stock_media-prev.png, etc.
and I've verified that they are indeed installed by
gnome-icon-theme-1.0.9

Couldn't Rhyhmbox try and use these, and if they aren't there, then fall
back to using the ones that are included in Rhtyhmbox?

Mason