[Rhythmbox-devel] can't hear music and workaround
- From: Florian Oszwald <oszwald web de>
- To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: [Rhythmbox-devel] can't hear music and workaround
- Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:24:10 +0100
I am using rhythmbox 0.5.88.
This is what I encountered:
I am using osssink, with alsasink I can hear no sound. I also tried esdsink,
buth rhythmbox says, that I have to turn off gnomes event sound. So
tried the following with
osssink as the default sink.
1. When I start rhythmbox and hit the play button it says:
osscommon: Cannot open /dev/dsp, generic error: Resource temporarily ...
2. When I doubleclick on a song entry in the list I get the same.
3. But when I first start rhythmbox.
Enter at the shell the following:
gst-launch gnomevfssrc location="song.mp3" ! spider ! osssink
and then double click a song in the list I can hear the music play.
The above message again showsup, if I simply hit the play button.
Hope this helps in any way.
] [Thread Prev