Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] hang when reaching end of list

Matthias Saou wrote :

> tdrobinson@huli.org wrote :
>
> > I have tried the new devel release as well as all the 0.5.* releases,
> > and keep running into this problem.  When I am playing songs in a
> > list, say only the songs of a particular album, if I let it play
> > the entire list and stop, when I go to play another song, no matter
> > where it is, the app hangs.  So, as of right now I try and notice
> > when it is at the end of the album and pause before it reaches the
> > end and then play another song with no problem.
> >
> > BTW, I'm using the xine backend, only because I get some weird
> > harmonic type noise with gstreamer.
>
> I have the exact same problem, using the xine backend too because of
> strange noises when using gstreamer with my maestro3 chip through ALSA.
> I'll test right away with the latest xine-lib 1rc1 and rb 0.5.88, as I
> have those running currently, in order to know if this has been fixed
> already or not...

I've just waited for rhythmbox to get to the end of my playlist... it hung
and had to be killed. This is with xine-lib 1.0rc1 and rb 0.5.88.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 0.95 (Severn) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.60 0.73 0.82