Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] ogg streaming

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 15:43, Alex Coyle wrote:

> I was wondering if this is related to why the ogg streaming did not work
> for me in Rhythmbox.

Rhythmbox is currently hardcoded to assume internet radio streams are
mp3, and to use the mad decoder.  This was because last time I tried,
GStreamer couldn't reliably detect mp3 types in streams.  I haven't
tried it recently though.

If you want to test, go to monkey-media/monkey-media-player-gst-tmp.c,
and search for "mad", and try changing that to "spider".

This is a digitally signed message part