Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox artwork proposal and discussion

On dom, 2003-10-19 at 10:50 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 09:07, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > I like some ideas/proposal/critics about those icons (24x24 pixels).
>
> Thanks for working on this.
>
> Why do the library and iradio images have two "layers"?  What does the
> 2nd layer represent?

Well in iTunes there are 3 layers :-) take a look at
http://www.apple.com/itunes/overview.html

I think this icon wants to 'extended' the playlist icon.

A playlist is just like a single file in the iTunes/Rb internal: you can
create, rename, remove. It's a 'single' entity.

Library is more then a playlist, so...

Note: there are just 2 layer 'cause I'm very lazy :-P
But if we want this one we can make each 'layer bigger (2 or 3 pxl)

The alternate idea is:
      * use rb-playlist-alt.png (the simple rectangular+eye paper)
      * use a single 'layer' icon for library (note that it's not a
        piece of paper and it's not rectangular. You can find a good
        exaple at
        gnome-icon-theme/24x24/stock/object/stock_insert-sound-plugin.png)

> The iradio one looks a lot like a bullseye to me.

Yeah, no antialiasing and done in 5 minutes.

>  Not sure how to fix
> this without copying the iTunes one entirely.

I remember a satellite antenna in jimmac website, probably something for
Ximian Red Carpet Channels

But IMHO keep the same "background" of library can be useful. iRadio
station are maneged as music files in library.