Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainzintegration

El vie, 21-11-2003 a las 05:28, Bastien Nocera escribió:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 23:58, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> > I don't think it would take major change or major effort to have
> > extremely useful first-generation support for Musicbrainz.  Here is my
> > proposal:
> >
> > 1. allow tag editing in the song properties window.  This can't be too
> > difficult:
> >     - the UI already supports it since the text boxes look editable
> >     - the backend streaminfo API is already there:
> >         (monkey_media_stream_info_set_value())
> > How hard it is to connect the two?
>
> AFAIR, they're already connected. You just need to implement the set
> functions in monkey-media.
>
> The main problem with the tag editing in monkey-media is that the
> gnome-vfs semantics are uber-broken, and you can't open a existing file
> without truncating it. Suckiness. I lost half my MP3s last year when I
> tried that. Then again it should be dead easy to add for local files
> only.

I had the same problem when I was playing with mp3 tags and monkey-media
this summer, I found a way to fix it, just open the file adding this
flag: GNOME_VFS_OPEN_RANDOM, with it you can read and write to the file
without truncate it.

[...]

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)

Esta parte del mensaje =?ISO-8859-1?Q?est=E1?= firmadadigitalmente