[Rhythmbox-devel] cd burning

Hi there folks. My wife got a new cd burner on friday, so I spent some
time this weekend implementing cd burning out of rhythmbox. I
implemented it as a separate app (written in python) that is called by
rhythmbox similar to the sound-juicer integration.

The program requires python + gst-python, python-gnome, python-glade2,
python-xml... I think that's it. Anyhow, I know you guys are working on
this yourselves, but just wanted to share what I have.

there is still a lot to do: the burner device, and whether to blank the
disk is configured as globals in rhythmbox-cd-burner.py, better error
handling is needed etc. If you just want to try it without applying the
patch, just run "rhythmbox-cd-player.py PlaylistName"

You can pick it up at http://okmaybe.com:8000/~mrroach/rb-cd-burner/

--
Mark Roach
(P.S. Please be gentle, I am not much of a hacker ;-)