Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] MPEG-4 metadata loading

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 23:31, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote :
>
> > Note that the faad2-devel package on freshrpms.net contains a couple of
> > bugs that might break the build:
> > - mp4.h and mpeg4ip.h headers missing
> > - the stock mpeg4ip.h includes a non-existant (and not needed afaics)
> > systems.h file)
>
> Normally, the newer 2.0-rc3 packages I've released today after getting
> those remarks through Dolphy now include them, as well as the systems.h
> #include removed.

Good stuff.

> > - libmp4v2.so isn't linked against libstdc++ (bit of a bummer, worked
> > around in the configure.ac patch)
> > Matthias, I hope you can fix those for us :)
>
> Hmmm, not linked against libstdc++? Does my package still have that bug?
> IIRC, id3lib had a similar problem, and I'm not sure how to actually fix
> it.

That seems to be fixed:
$ ldd /usr/lib/libmp4v2.so.0.0.0  | grep c++
        libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 (0x0044c000)

Thanks a lot. I hope you'll enable MPEG-4 in the RPM for the next
version ;)

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
You don't have to be mad to work here, but you do have to be on time,
well presented, a team player, customer service focused and sober!!