Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [PROPOSAL] A new rating approach

On gio, 2003-11-13 at 11:10 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> >      2. this widget is not a11y capable (try using a11y theme)
>
> Would your proposal solve 100% of the a11y issues of the current widget,
> or is there a possibility that (if your proposal is implemented) the
> rating stuff would have to be reworked once more because of a11y
> problems?
The current rating widget (in prop dialog and in mail list) has 2
issues: it's based on a png image (-> don't fit theme's colors
[highcontrast] and font size [largeprint]) and (actually) don't
implement any keyboard interaction, you have to use the mouse to change
the rating. IMHO it's not HIG too.

A menu (or an optionmenu in prop dialog) should have no interaction
issue: it'a a plain GTK+ widget.
BTW items in Edit->Rating could be radiomenuitem and we can use
Ctrl+[0-5] to unset/set the rating.

The png issue can be solved replacing the png with a simple char. We
have just to choose a 'well behaved char': there are some stars-char in
Unicode, but their appearance depends on installed fonts.

I can't see any (a11y) issue in proposal but there is glade example
attached.

> Christophe

song-info.glade.bz2