Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Compiling troubles (was Die Groups Die)

Il mer, 2003-05-14 alle 05:41, Colin Walters ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 06:25, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
> >         /opt/gnome/lib/libbonobo-2.so: undefined reference to
> >         `ORBit_ObjectAdaptor_set_thread_hint'
> >         collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Unf.  It looks like your bonobo installation is b0rked.  Can you compile
> other bonobo-using apps?

Yeah. No troubles. I've GNOME Desktop from HEAD in /opt/gnome and no
troubles using/compiling bonobo stuff.

IMHO it's something related to library path/scope.
Take a look to command line in previous mail: it seems like after
putting /opt/gnome/lib/libmonkey-media.so in command line, Make (or
whatever) inserts some GNOME stuff from /usr/lib (ORBit too).

So (I repeat, IMHO and I'm not a gcc geek) linking object code, gcc uses
/opt/gnome/lib/libbonobo-2.so and /usr/lib/libORBit-2.so ('cause it's
listed in command line before /opt/gnome/lib/libORBit-2.so).

But making 'grep /usr/lib /opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig' I obtain NULL, so
why there are GNOME libs from /usr/lib in command line?
Only musicbrainz/ogg/id3 should be linked from here.

BTW are we now using musicbrainz 1.x or 2.x (in monkey-media HEAD, of
course)?

P.S. Is "ORBit_ObjectAdaptor_set_thread_hint" in HEAD only or in ORBit
2.6.0 too?

> > I try to build it using a GNOME_HEAD in /opt/gnome and setting
> > CFLAGS="-O3 -falign-functions=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
> > -mfancy-math-387 -pipe -mcpu=athlon",
>
> A bit offtopic, but I always cringe when I see people tossing around
> compiler flags like this...

:^) from garnome, honestly.

But i.e. nautilus load preferences:/ in half time then GNOME from
distro. But I don't know if it come from gcc or nautilus itself. I've to
rebuild nautilus without them...

--
Think bigger

			My uncle