Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: rhythmbox: gstreamer vs xine

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 04:35, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> FWIW, basically the only issue you have is quite simply, using i686 glibc
> on Red Hat with the thread-based schedulers.

If this is truly the case, then it seems that it is far, far easier to
put up a warning on the Rhythmbox website saying: "If you use an
i686-optimized version of glibc, as recent versions of Red Hat do, you
may encounter problems; please temporarily downgrade to an i386
version." than switching our whole audio backend.

So jorn: could you at least try installing an i386 glibc and see if that
solves your gst problems?  If it does, or even if it doesn't, at least
we'll have more actual fact in this discussion.  I would like to know.