[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: [xine-devel] rhythmbox: gstreamer vs xine

Hi Jorn,

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 19:03, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> I'm mailing to let you know I have been moving CVS Rhythmbox
> (monkey-media) to use xine instead of GStreamer. While I prefer the
> gnomishness of the GStreamer API over xine, GStreamer is still not very
> stable, and xine just works. Since I would like everyone (including
> myself *G*) to be able to start seriously using rb I decided to use xine
> for now.

That's such a great news! :)

now with post plugin support xine must be a very good plataform for a
music player. we have visual effects, metadata, possibity to add audio
filters and working code for the major audio formats (audio cd, mp3,
ogg, ra, aac, etc)

> I will however be moving back to gstreamer once it is more usable.
>
> Well, I hope y'all will forgive me ;)

no problem... well, you might always change your mind about it... ;-)

regards,

Miguel