Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Music player UI

Some thoughts on your design description.

Overall, I like the idea and it will require people to get used to
the status dock as the primary method interfacing with the application.

Jens mentioned that he's found people confused by using the tray.  I've
seen that on windows as well.  But I generally find that as a failure on how
it was implemented.  Microsoft hides most of the ioons in the system tray
and it's the "out of sight out of mind mentality" at work here.  I think
this solution is workable.

I'm going to assume that "album" could actually consist of different
albums or different tracks from different places rather than a real
album.  I'm saying that because I hardly listen to albums at a time.
I generally like to bring in tracks from various albums.  I think when
you're listening to trance or some of these others you tend to go by album
while if you're listenig to rock you tend to take tracks from different
albums but keep the artist the same.  (or maybe you think you can come
up with a better play list than clearchannel. :)

I think the library part should be broken up into some sort of scheme
that could accomodate both.  A playlist creator and a album browser.
The playlist creator could be nothing more than an enhanced search that
creates a list of music based on simple parameters.

I think your interface though is fine and I think we should at least try it
to see how it works out.  It's definitely more innovative than the current
stuff out there.  Anyways, good work.

sri