Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox window problems

Alex Goddard wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Colin Walters wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 18:15, Clayton Hicklin wrote:
>>

>[Snip]
>

>>>    I have had one little problem though.  I'm running RhythmBox under
>>>Xfce4 on gentoo.
>>>

>>Do they have a notification area (i.e. something where you see the
>>little Rhythmbox music note icon show up)?  Does one appear when you run
>>Rhythmbox?
>>

>There should be.  The notification area should be on the far right hand
>side of the task bar type thingy. Or so I recall from the last time I
>tried xfce4.  I don't know if it's position is configurable or not.  There
>is one though.

Well, the notification icon does show up the first time I started
rhythmbox after a fresh install (of course, so does the window).  The
second time I tried to start it, the window and notification icon both
showed up again.  The third time I tried, neither showed up and
rhythmbox appeared to be running without any errors.  I killed it,
killed gconfd-2 and killed bonobo-activation-server and started it
again.  The window and notification icon both showed up this time.  I'll
try it a few more times, but I imagine I'll get the same results.  Does
this help any?

--
Clayton Hicklin
chicklin@mutiger.homeip.net