Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Musicbrainz and RB

Kyle Boon wrote:

>I believe RB should have support for identifying and then retagging
>files based on the MB identification but I don't think it should be
>automatic; the user definitely needs to agree the identification is
>correct. After that it would be great to have a meta data moderation
>interface built into RB, similar to the way the windows tagger does this
>now.

Since TRMs can have collisions, is there a namespace of identifiers that
can unambiguously identify a particular song on a particular album?  If
so, it would be nice if this identifier was written to the song's
metadata and recognized by RB, so each song can be easily looked up in
the MB database at a later time.

Josh