Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Future Goals

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 23:31, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 17:24, Sean Harshbarger wrote:
> > I think what we need to do after this feature freeze, is discuss where
> > we want rhythmbox to go.
>
> The TODO list is huge.  It all comes down to what people work on.

Indeed it does. What I have been doing with Coaster now is sending out a
weekly TODO list with items I wish to have done that week. Of course
this is primarily for my use, but I post it so that if others do want
something to do, they have a place to start.

I also am going to post mile stones of features already decided to be
added into coaster. 0.2 (stable release) will have basic dat/audio discs
with cd copy and erase functions. 0.4 Would have mixed cds, cd-info, and
audio playback features.

Those are just examples. I just think if the TODOs are planned a little
big (in a broad way) ahead of time, people will have a better idea of
what the plan is, and where their expertise could be used. Of course,
this is only effective if you already know what you want at what release
as I do for Coaster.

> Personally, I will be working on CD Audio support after 0.5.0.  This
> leads directly to the burning/ripping stuff.

Yes I agree. The question then is, the old cd audio you had in net-rb in
HEAD atm? I may actually do the audio for you because then that would
lead me straight into adding burning and ripping.

--
Sean Harshbarger		|   "Only two things are infinite,
harshy@dersoldat.org		|   the universe and human stupidity,

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736

This is a digitally signed message part