Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] utf8 in net-rhythmbox-0.4.7.1

Since I listen to music in a lot of Russian, Latvian, Icelandic and
other obscure languages I researched this a while ago myself and it this
is a solution:
ID3 tags are expected to contain ISO-8859-1 symbols, so start easytag
like this:
LANG=C easytag&
then tag your files with special chars, they will be saved as iso88591.
RB will convert the iso88591 it finds in the tags to utf8 and display it
correctly.

HTH
Jorn

PS I've been hacking a bit at rb again, I have a holiday now and I am
planning to spend at least one or two days on it.