Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox interface

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 15:00, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> Things we have now, that will probably be moved out:
> 1. Audio CD. Got this in because we had the views stuff, but it prolly
> belongs in a separate app. [For ripping we would ideally have nautilus
> support browsing audiocds, and support copying oggs off it]
> 2. Internet radio. Same as above.

I don't really agree with putting stuff in a separate app.  First, I
don't want to have to reimplement stuff like visualization.  Second,
Rhythmbox offers lots of possibilities for integration, because it's
dedicated to music, as opposed to nautilus. For example, both CD and
iradio could make use of playlists. Even though conceptually an iradio
song never ends, it would still be a nice way to organize your music.
Especially if we get something like "vplaylists", like iTunes has.  I
think it would be very useful to rate my internet radio stations, and
then have a vplaylist which just shows me the 4 and 5 star songs, etc.