Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Translating Monkey-Media

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 09:44, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Sorry, there are some strange messages for stupid /me...
>
> #: src/monkey-media-audio-cd.c:192
> msgid ""
> "%s does not point to a valid CDRom device. This may be caused by:\n"
> "a) CD support is not compiled into Linux\n"
> "b) You do not have the correct permissions to access the CD drive\n"
> "c) %s is not the CD drive.\n"
>
>     'On screen' %s (= monkey_media_get_cd_drive ()) is something like
>     /dev/cdrom?

Yep

>     BTW s/Linux/kernel?

Yeah, maybe. If you do a patch I'll commit :)

> #: src/monkey-media-audio-cd.c:324
> #, c-format
> msgid ""
> "%s does not appear to point to a valid CD device. This may be
> because:\n"
> "a) CD support is not compiled into Linux\n"
> "b) You do not have the correct permissions to access the CD drive\n"
> "c) %s is not the CD drive.\n"
>
>     are there some special reasons to make it different?

Ehm, nope. This should prolly be a generic function..

> #: src/stream-info-impl/vorbis-stream-info-impl.c:178
> #, fuzzy
> msgid "Failed to seek file"
>

>     what did "seek" mean here?

Seeking is moving to a different position in the song, ie what you get
when using the slider in rb.

> #: src/monkey-media-audio-cd.c:703
> #, c-format
> msgid "Error getting leadout: %s"
>
>     "leadout"?

Technical term for the last track of a CD.

> #: src/monkey-media-stream-info.c:718 src/monkey-media-stream-info.c:779
> msgid "No TRM ID for this song"
>
>     "TRM"? I've to translate it?

Nope, a TRM ID is an accoustic fingerprint.

Cheers