Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Documentation updates for release

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 17:11, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il gio, 2002-10-31 alle 22:48, Jorn Baayen ha scritto:
> > Rock!
> >
> > One thing that would be good to have is a little bit about the previous
> > button behavior (ie it restarting the song if it's been playing for a
> > while, or go to previous if in the first 2 seconds).
> >

> ??? Why not
>         * click <-> previous
>         * click&hold <-> restart
> ?
>
> It's more clear and intuitive...

Hm I disagree here. Different ways of clicking are horrible...

> BTW: no sense label it as "Previous" if default (in statistical term)
> action is restart...isn't it?

Well, ofcourse tech-wise the two actions are very different. However,
from the user's pov there's no fundamental difference:
it plays the song from beginning, either the current one if we're
further into the song (which kind-of is previous, al though not
literally, song), and otherwise goes to the previous. I can't explain
this well, but at least to me it "feels" natural.

Cheers