[Rhythmbox-devel] feature idea

Hi guys,

I just tried Rhythmbox 0.4 for the first time and it really kicks ass.

I read in the Gnome Summary that you are redesigning the UI, so I
thought I would write in about an idea I had a while ago.

It would be cool if in the first column for every song was a checkbox so
that a user can select it. Then there would be an "Actions" menu where
you can perform actions on the selected songs, such as:

	-> Add to Group [new or existing]
	-> Add to current Playlist
	-> Export to Folder
	-> Burn to CD
	-> Convert to Format [WAV, OGG, MP3, etc.]
	-> Batch-Write Song Information [ie: ID3 tags]
	-> Remove From Library

These are some actions that come to my mind, I'm sure you can come up
with more. Using checkboxes would make it really easy to select the
songs you want.

Anyway, just an idea I had that I thought you might be interested in.

Cheers,

- Frank

PS: Also, right now I can't edit the song information when I look at the
properties's page. Shouldn't that be editable?