Re: Defining GNOME software (finally)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:00 pm, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
  2. We need to bring the definition of that software within the
umbrella of the Foundation

The basic idea we discussed was to have the Release Team act as a
committee of the board, and maintain some simple documentation about
what GNOME's official software is. At the time it seemed that you were
OK with that, and Matthias added a stub to one of your wiki pages [1].

Another option would be to have release team report to a Foundation staff member. This way we'd achieve the goal of bringing release team under Foundation control, but without the overhead and formalism of having to be a committee of the Board. It also fits more elegantly with the plan to devolve Board powers to Foundation staff.

This might make sense for existing committees too.

Michael