Re: String freeze break for mutter for setting

1/2 for release team

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020, 22:49 Jonas Ådahl via gnome-i18n, <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
In 3.36, mutter/gnome-shell will since recently be more eager trying to
detect frozen applications. Instead of only trying to check in certain
situations such as when alt-tabbing to it, we'll check every time a
window is attempted to be activated, e.g. switching focus to it by
clicking on it.

In effect it may result in misbehaving applications that temporarly
freeze triggering the force-close dialog more often. If one often uses
such an application, it can become a pain point getting that dialog all
the time without any possibility for GNOME to fix it for real being an
application bug.

Thus, we're introducing a gsetting that enables the user to change the
timeout, or disable the check completely, to work around the issue.

The string freeze break is for the new gsetting.

Relevant merge request:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/merge_requests/1080

Jonas