Re: Freeze break exception for the new lock screen

Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
It is equally not smart to never land the things we've worked on for
years just because we put ourselves under the pressure of yet another
deadlne.

So far this exception has only one of two required approvals. Do you
want to give the second approval?

I thought we got the freeze break. We did get it, didn't we?!

Anyway: a brief update - the lock screen work has now been merged
(this is the main reference:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/1848 ). A bunch of
testing has already happened, and we've been working through the
issues that have spotted. I'll try and get more people involved in
tested next week. Downstream, Fedora is planning a GNOME 3.36 test day
on Thursday 20th, which will be a good opportunity to test.

I do have a related freeze break request to make of the release team,
but I'll start a new thread for that.

Thanks,

Allan