Re: Maintainers should announce build-related changes in their modules

On Thu, 12 Sep, 2019 at 19:08, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
That sounds like something people are going to forget to do. Would it be possible to use computers to automate this?

It's software: anything is possible.

As to whether we can automate this **right now**, the answer is: no.

I'm not going to block on a feature that may or may not appear in Gitlab's enterprise edition and then may or may not be backported to the community edition we have. Of course, enterprising hackers are strongly encouraged to work on that.

From my perspective, I don't think is much to ask to the community of GNOME maintainers to help us on the release team (and all the people that build GNOME components) in ensuring their projects actually build instead of deploying hopes and prayers to users.

C iao,
 Emmanuele.