Re: Hard code freeze break approval plea for Evolution

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 7:20 AM, Milan Crha via release-team <release-team gnome org> wrote:
It already landed, that's why I initiated the mail/plea here:
https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/249421/webkit

I know, but I don't like it. I think WebKit should revert whatever needs to be reverted to get back to its old behavior for 2.26 so apps don't have to use the environment variable. The envvar will lead to a disaster of apps patching themselves to use this temporary envvar that won't work anymore in 2.28, and it could jeopardize our ability to update WebKit in Debian. I really don't think it's OK even as an emergency workaround.

I know this is a very tricky bug. Let's continue the discussion in WebKit Bugzilla.