Re: List ownership

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 6:44 pm, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
I'll likely tighten the settings further, to Reject, after a few days (at which point we'll need to figure out new procedures for requesting freeze breaks), but let's see how it goes.

We've received 10 spam mails in the past two hours. I am going to set the mailing list to reject all mails from nonmembers, effective immediately.

We will need to adjust the script that sends mails for new branch creation. For example:

"""
The branch 'gnome-3-34' was created.

Summary of new commits:

 899d707... application: fix memory leak
"""

Until we fix this script, everyone will receive mail rejection notices when creating branches.

We are also going to need a new process for handling freeze exceptions. I suggest creating a Teams/ReleaseEngineering group on GitLab to track issues there. Any objections?

Michael