Dreading the winter already? Book a cruise with unsold cabins for 35 a day

It's cruise time! I so need a vacation so I can't wait! Can infectious gastroenteritis be prevented? Yes. You can reduce your chance of getting sick by washing your hands more frequently, keeping your hands away from your mouth, and avoiding any food or water that may be contaminated. When a higher than expected number of cruise ship passengers or crew get sick with infectious gastroenteritis, ships use additional cleaning procedures and disinfectants to stop illness. For more information on handwashing tips and techniques, visit Keeping Your Hands Clean on a Cruise. To learn more about viral gastroenteritis, visit the CDC Norovirus website.

Healthy Cruising

How to stay healthy on your trip - handwashing tips - prevention fact sheets

About Noroviruses on Cruise Ships

Some facts about noroviruses on cruise ships

Outbreak Updates

Information about gastrointestinal illness outbreaks on specific cruises

Inspections

Information about VSP’s operational sanitation inspections and about construction and renovation inspections

Cruise Ship Inspection Results

Scores, reports, corrective actions, and more

Frequently Asked Questions

Common questions about preventing gastrointestinal illness on cruise ships

Gastrointestinal Illness Surveillance

Overview of VSP surveillance

Outbreak Investigations

Information about VSP outbreak investigations