Re: Unauthorized translation changes in dconf-editor

Am Mo., 18. März 2019 um 20:36 Uhr schrieb Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net>:

Le 18.03.19 à 15:17, mcatanzaro gnome org a écrit :
Please keep gnome-i18n gnome org CCed

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 5:02 AM, Arnaud Bonatti
<arnaud bonatti gmail com> wrote:
If a translation contains a web link to what is currently an
hypnotherapist website, it’s my role to remove that link before it
hits the stable release. Even if I didn’t had the time to join the
translator or its team to fix it in l10n. (Yes, it’s a true story. Not
a big issue, but a real life one.)

Hello Arnaud,

I'm sure you have good intentions and you want the better for you
released software.
However the example above is a typical example whete it would be crucial
that gnome-i18n is aware of the issue, because the person that committed
that is either malicious and his account should immediately be blocked,
or his account has been hacked and he should be aware of that.

So if you report a serious issue to a translator team and don't get a
prompt answer, you should imemdiately escalate the issue to gnome-i18n
so we can take proper action.

I agree with this - also, reporting the smaller errors to the
translation teams could mean that they are corrected elsewhere, as
they are likely repeated in the 100+ GNOME modules.  I wonder if that
link is found in multiple modules?

(Of course it is tedious to wait for the translation teams when
there's a release deadline and you're doing the final polishing.)

Best regards
Ask

Thanks for your understanding.

Claude