Re: String Freeze break request: gnome-menus Sundry

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 1:09 PM Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

Upgraders to GNOME 3.31 have a X-GNOME-Sundry app folder if they
happen to install a "Sundry" app like dconf-editor. Therefore, I have
a merge request to add back the Sundry app folder that will only be
used by those upgraders (until we figure out how to completely remove
the Sundry app folder). This adds back one string: Sundry.

Docs should not be affected since Sundry won't be used in new installs
and no default GNOME app is in the Sundry app folder.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-menus/merge_requests/10/

I will do a gnome-menus 3.31.92 release when this is approved and a
3.32.0 release next week.

I’m not sure I understand the implications of this, in particular what
would happen if the exception was not approved.

I’m also curious about previous translation of that term: would they get reused?

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker