Re: gnome-software string freeze break request for 3.30

It's OK for me to apply it in 3.30, so 1/2 from i18n.

Thanks!

El mar., 26 feb. 2019 a las 9:43, Kalev Lember via gnome-i18n (<gnome-i18n gnome org>) escribió:

Hi,

I'd like to backport a few new error messages to gnome-software 3.30.x
and looking for feedback whether to do this upstream or just backport it
downstream in Fedora.

This would fix a long standing issue where gnome-software shows 'Unable
to update "(null)"' as an error. The fix is to split a bunch of error
messages into two, e.g.:

"Unable to update %s" would be replaced with "Unable to update %s" +
"Unable to install updates" so that we can show the latter if we don't
have the data to fill in %s.

If I counted it right then it's 9 error strings changed along those lines.

Would it be OK to backport this to 3.30 or should I do it downstream
instead?

Thanks,
Kalev